A person with Ornithophobia might be afraid of all birds or a particular bird or types of similar birds. For example, the bird phobia might only be based around pigeons, birds of prey, parrots, etc. A person who has this fear will avoid birds at all costs and could have a panic attack at even the sight of just a feather.
If you're interested in learning how to cure your phobia or manage the levels of anxiety then click the button below.
It can equally be learned from a parent or sibling who has Ornithophobia. Children learn very quickly and closely watch how the people around them react to different stimuli. If the people closest to them show that birds are something to be feared, a child will easily pick the phobia up.
Young children are also very vulnerable to developing fears through media and film. Birds portrayed as evil and dangerous in films like Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds can contribute to one developing Ornithophobia. Wildlife documentaries that show predatory or scavenging birds eating pray could also create the phobia in a young child.
Symptoms can include:
- Rapid heart rate
- Hot or cold flashes
- Chest pain
- Feeling of choking
- Inability to distinguish between reality and unreality
- Trembling and/or sweating
- Numbness or tingling sensation
- Nausea or other gastrointestinal distress
Why You Should Seek Treatment:
Because of this, someone with Ornithophobia could become very limited in where they go and what they do. They might refuse to eat in open air restaurants no matter how lovely the day is, in fear a bird will try to eat their food. They may avoid going to the beach to avoid seagulls. They might deal with daily panic attacks just trying to get to and from work. Some people with an extreme case of Ornithophobia might become reclusive and never leave the house, thus developing another phobia like Agoraphobia. It is emotionally and physically exhausting dealing with a phobia like this and the quality of life is seriously lowered because of it.
Why See The Phobia Guru For Treatment:
Hypnotherapy is so effective with phobias because it tackles the underlying trigger of the phobia within the subconscious. Once a person has access to their subconscious they can eliminate their conditioned response to the stimulus. So instead of treating just the symptoms, hypnotherapy can heal the source for a lasting result. The best part about hypnotherapy and phobias is that often it only takes one session to completely get over the phobia so you do not have to spend a lot of money on continual treatment. The NHS also promotes hypnotherapy as an effective treatment for phobias.
If you're interested in working with me I now offer a 7 Day Phobia Removal System. You can find out about the process by clicking Ornithophobia Cure or the button below.
Bird Phobia Case Study
7 Day Phobia Removal System
This is the full 7 Day Phobia Removal System.
What's Included in the System?
- Day 1: The Psychology of Fear and Phobias Video (Sold separately for £30).
- Days 1-7: The 7 Day Phobia Removal System Online Course (Sold separately for £50).
- Day 2: Anchoring Courage NLP Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 3: Staged Dissociation Protocol Audio Download (Also known as the 'Fast Phobia Cure') (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 4: Parts Therapy Protocol Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 5: Regression to Creation Protocol Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 6: Swish Pattern Protocol Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 7: A Future Without Your Phobia Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 1: Panic Attack Management System (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 2: Breaking and Replacing Habits Protocol Hypnosis Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 3: Hypnotic Wealth - Resetting Your Financial Future (Sold separately for £30).
3 Sessions of Therapy for a Single Phobia
This gives you three sessions with Adam with the first session being a 90 minute session. The sessions will take place at over Zoom (online) or at Harley Street in Central London or Elstree in Hertfordshire. Adam is the UK's leading expert at eliminating phobias.
Single Session of Private Therapy
This gives you a single 90 minute session with Adam Cox at either his Harley Street or Elstree Practice. If you don't live in the UK or can't get to London or Hertfordshire then Adam can do the session through Zoom or Skype. You can schedule a time convenient for you and in most cases one session is all that's required to be free of the fear.