What is Acrophobia?
People suffering with Acrophobia will avoid being up high at any cost. Just looking out of a window of a tall building can cause them to start to panic. Roller coasters and mountain hikes are out of the question. Even climbing up onto a ladder can cause someone with Acrophobia to trigger stress and anxiety! Acrophobia can lead to and overlap with other specific phobias such as the fear of flying (Aerophobia) and the fear of falling (Basiphobia)
A person might develop Acrophobia from a fall in the past so heights become a subconscious trigger to the traumatic event. The mind over compensates to create a protective mechanism but ultimately it is too extreme and causes unnecessary anxiety.
Psychiatrists also associate negative thinking and other mental health issues such as OCD with Acrophobia. People with Acrophobia might have compulsive negative thoughts such as 'If I stand on the edge I will want to jump, or someone will push me over.' Fears that the building or structure they are standing on is weak and will collapse or a lift might fail etc, are constant negative worries running through a Acrophobia's mind. The fear of pain (Agliopobia) if they fall is another associated phobia that often goes along with Acrophobia.
As in all phobias, different people manifest Acrophobia in different ways and in different extremes. The fear could be a constant in all situations or only present in certain situations.
Other symptoms can include:
- Rapid heart rate
- Feeling of choking
- Trembling and/or sweating
- Nausea or other gastrointestinal distress
Why You Should Seek Help:
Why See The Phobia Guru For Treatment:
Hypnotherapy is so effective with phobias because it tackles the underlying trigger of the phobia within the subconscious. Once a person has access to their subconscious they can eliminate their conditioned response to the stimulus. So instead of treating just the symptoms, hypnotherapy can heal the source for a lasting result. The best part about hypnotherapy and phobias is that often it only takes one session to completely get over the phobia so you do not have to spend a lot of money on continual treatment. The NHS also promotes hypnotherapy as an effective treatment for phobias.
If you have a fear of phobias and are ready to put that fear in your past then either take my free phobia test or request a free phone consultation with me.
7 Day Phobia Removal System
This is the full 7 Day Phobia Removal System.
What's Included in the System?
- Day 1: The Psychology of Fear and Phobias Video (Sold separately for £30).
- Days 1-7: The 7 Day Phobia Removal System Online Course (Sold separately for £50).
- Day 2: Anchoring Courage NLP Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 3: Staged Dissociation Protocol Audio Download (Also known as the 'Fast Phobia Cure') (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 4: Parts Therapy Protocol Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 5: Regression to Creation Protocol Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 6: Swish Pattern Protocol Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 7: A Future Without Your Phobia Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 1: Panic Attack Management System (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 2: Breaking and Replacing Habits Protocol Hypnosis Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 3: Hypnotic Wealth - Resetting Your Financial Future (Sold separately for £30).
3 Sessions of Therapy for a Single Phobia
This gives you three sessions with Adam with the first session being a 90 minute session. The sessions will take place at over Zoom (online) or at Harley Street in Central London or Elstree in Hertfordshire. Adam is the UK's leading expert at eliminating phobias.
Single Session of Private Therapy
This gives you a single 90 minute session with Adam Cox at either his Harley Street or Elstree Practice. If you don't live in the UK or can't get to London or Hertfordshire then Adam can do the session through Zoom or Skype. You can schedule a time convenient for you and in most cases one session is all that's required to be free of the fear.