What is Trypophobia?
The word Trypophobia is Greek in origin. The Greek word 'trypa' means hole and the Greek word 'phobia' means to dread or to fear.
Phobias are also usually developed because of a traumatic experience or learned behaviour, however, this is a phobia that can develop without being learned from an experience or another person. So why do people feel this overwhelming disgust and anxiety with an arrangement of small holes?
Interestingly, people who do not claim to have Trypophobia often still find Trypophobic images uncomfortable or unpleasant. One theory is that the mathematical properties involved with the configuration of these images confuse the brain and causes visual discomfort and even headaches. It essentially frustrates the brain and takes too much energy to keep staring at the image!
Bee and wasp hives, rashes, skin disease, enlarged pores and other skin problems that create these clusters of holes could be a more rational root for the phobia where a real danger is perceived. If someone had a traumatic experience with bees or a skin problem and visually saw a cluster of holes during the experience it could cause the phobia.
Anyone with fragile mental health or a delicate disposition might be more vulnerable to developing this phobia as well. This phobia is also very 'contagious' and can easily be learned from another!
Why Should I Get Treated:
Why See The Phobia Guru For Treatment:
Hypnotherapy is so effective with phobias because it tackles the underlying trigger of the phobia within the subconscious. Once a person has access to their subconscious they can eliminate their conditioned response to the stimulus. So instead of treating just the symptoms, hypnotherapy can heal the source for a lasting result. The best part about hypnotherapy and phobias is that often it only takes one session to completely get over the phobia so you do not have to spend a lot of money on continual treatment. The NHS also promotes hypnotherapy as an effective treatment for phobias.
7 Day Phobia Removal System
This is the full 7 Day Phobia Removal System.
What's Included in the System?
- Day 1: The Psychology of Fear and Phobias Video (Sold separately for £30).
- Days 1-7: The 7 Day Phobia Removal System Online Course (Sold separately for £50).
- Day 2: Anchoring Courage NLP Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 3: Staged Dissociation Protocol Audio Download (Also known as the 'Fast Phobia Cure') (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 4: Parts Therapy Protocol Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 5: Regression to Creation Protocol Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 6: Swish Pattern Protocol Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 7: A Future Without Your Phobia Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 1: Panic Attack Management System (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 2: Breaking and Replacing Habits Protocol Hypnosis Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 3: Hypnotic Wealth - Resetting Your Financial Future (Sold separately for £30).
3 Sessions of Therapy for a Single Phobia
This gives you three sessions with Adam with the first session being a 90 minute session. The sessions will take place at over Zoom (online) or at Harley Street in Central London or Elstree in Hertfordshire. Adam is the UK's leading expert at eliminating phobias.
Single Session of Private Therapy
This gives you a single 90 minute session with Adam Cox at either his Harley Street or Elstree Practice. If you don't live in the UK or can't get to London or Hertfordshire then Adam can do the session through Zoom or Skype. You can schedule a time convenient for you and in most cases one session is all that's required to be free of the fear.