What is Aerophobia?
The origins of the word Aerophobia is Greek, derived from the word ‘aero’ which translates to air or wind and the word 'phobia' which means dread or fear.
The fear of death (Thanatophobia) is another big phobia associated with Aerophobia and can be a big reason for its cause. So many films portray absolutely terrifying plane crashes and this builds in the mind of the Aerophobic. Even news reports of any plane crashes will contribute to the fear.
Sometimes a social phobia can be the cause of Aerophobia, as being seated on a plane requires one to sit very close to lots of other people.
Physical conditions can also contribute to one developing Aerophobia such as veritgo, sinus, issues and other nasal conditions, ear problems like Tinnitus, motion sickness, and stiff painful joints. These sort of problems are aggravated while in flight and can feed into the fear of being in extreme discomfort or pain while flying.
Someone might have had an actual traumatic experience while flying that has created a subconscious fear of all flying. Like all phobias, it can be learned from a parent or sibling as well.
Symptoms can include:
- Rapid heart rate
- Feeling of choking
- Trembling and/or sweating
- Nausea or other gastrointestinal distress
These symptoms could start manifesting as soon as the person arrives at the airport or even on the way to the airport. The very thought of even getting onto a plane can be completely overwhelming for the person with Aerophobia.
Why You Should Get Help:
Why Should See The Phobia Guru For Treatment?
Hypnotherapy is so effective with phobias because it tackles the underlying trigger of the phobia within the subconscious. Once a person has access to their subconscious they can eliminate their conditioned response to the stimulus. So instead of treating just the symptoms, hypnotherapy can heal the source for a lasting result. The best part about hypnotherapy and phobias is that often it only takes one session to completely get over the phobia so you do not have to spend a lot of money on continual treatment. The NHS also promotes hypnotherapy as an effective treatment for phobias.
If you have a fear of phobias and are ready to put that fear in your past then either take my free phobia test or request a free phone consultation with me to discuss how we can get you over your fear for good!
3 Sessions of Therapy for a Single Phobia
This gives you three sessions with Adam with the first session being a 90 minute session. The sessions will take place at over Zoom (online). Adam is the UK's leading expert at eliminating phobias.
Single Session of Phobia Therapy on Zoom
This gives you a single 60-minute session with Adam Cox over Zoom. You can schedule a time convenient for you and in most cases, one session is all that's required to dramatically reduce the amount of anxiety linked to the trigger.
7 Day Phobia Removal System
This is the full 7 Day Phobia Removal System.
What's Included in the System?
- Day 1: The Psychology of Fear and Phobias Video (Sold separately for £30).
- Days 1-7: The 7 Day Phobia Removal System Online Course (Sold separately for £50).
- Day 2: Anchoring Courage NLP Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 3: Staged Dissociation Protocol Audio Download (Also known as the 'Fast Phobia Cure') (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 4: Parts Therapy Protocol Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 5: Regression to Creation Protocol Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 6: Swish Pattern Protocol Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Day 7: A Future Without Your Phobia Hypnosis Audio Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 1: Panic Attack Management System (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 2: Breaking and Replacing Habits Protocol Hypnosis Download (Sold separately for £30).
- Bonus 3: Hypnotic Wealth - Resetting Your Financial Future (Sold separately for £30).